My dear readers,
(Extracts from GOD’S THOUGHTS TIMELY WORDS FOR DAILY LIVING, Edited by Dr SH Tow)
1. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
2. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
3. But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
4. Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.
5. Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1 John 3:1,2
6. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
7. A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
8. He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.
9. But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
10. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.
11. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
12. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
13. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
1 John 5:12, 13
14. The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.
15. I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
16. Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
17. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Revelations 2:4, 5
(To be continued…)
God bless all readers.
Yours faithfully in the Saviour’s Service,
Dr SH Tow, Founding Pastor